Thursday, March 12, 2009

Why I May Be Leaving YouTube

I woke this morning to find that YouTube had disabled the audio on one of my song parody videos. I removed over 65 videos on my own from the old Bill Tv tapes that really did use copyright music. It was my understanding that songs could be used when used in comedy lip syncs, but that may be incorrect.

The claim has been disputed and I'll more than likely go back and delete the song parodies too. Whether I want to continue to draw people to YouTube is a decision I'll have to make. I won't ever get featured (not young, talented or cute enough) or made a partner (even at over 550 subscribers that's nothing by YTube standards) so it may be time to severely limit my participation or go altogether.

My creativity is all about me. I know that sounds selfish. But I truly enjoy making videos. But, this part isn't fun or encouraging.

No comments: